A Twitter user named Azana (@KaizukaZekrom) criticized the SPY x FAMILY girl Anya Forger being “forced to be too cute” with the content:
“Can they stop trying to make Anya cute by making her say ‘interesting’ and other words in a ‘cute’ way? That bothers me a little bit. And it’s not because of that. children’s characters annoy me Let me show you a much superior child character (Clannad character Ushio Okazaki image).
This person added, “They need to stop trying to make her look cute by constantly doing outrageous acts like ‘gah, hii,…’ This action repeats itself very quickly and It doesn’t feel natural at all.”
After being shared on MXH, criticism of Anya’s cuteness from this user immediately received the attention of netizens. Worth mentioning, instead of supporting the tweet owner’s way of thinking, most people voiced disagreement with this person and defended Anya. Even though it’s just a cartoon character, Anya is only about 5-6 years old, too young an age to receive such negative reviews.
Some of Anya’s cute expressions make fans fall in love
Because of her lovely expressions, Anya is also affectionately called “Lord of the meme” by fans.
Because according to the consensus of many people, it is having a lovely appearance and a lot of interesting “jokes”, Anya makes the audience of Spy X Family feel very excited and laugh and cry at funny expressions. Funny, unique of this kid.
Some netizens’ comments with a tweet criticizing “Anya’s cuteness:
– To be fair, she’s only five years old…
– It’s basically just the sound effect of excitement in Japanese. Of course, since this is an anime, it’s understandable to be a bit exaggerated in that regard. Just enjoy the story, and if you don’t like it, leave it.
– People go crazy over a child behaving like a child. Not all children in anime sound like Clannad’s Ushio, just as not all children sound the same in real life.
– They don’t try at all. She’s just cute when she expresses her thoughts. If this is already annoying then this series is not for you in my opinion.
– I had 7 brothers and I was the oldest. All my sisters say the same and so do some of my brothers. And trust me they’re not trying to be cute, they’re simply being.