Wakui has given his readers a peek into Mikey’s past many times before. Quite a few major incidents from his past have been recounted in other people’s voices in the series, but never Mikey’s own.
A section of readers has always argued that there is a gap between the actual events and the way these events are presented to the audience, especially in the case of the origin of Haruchiyo’s scars. Raw scan of Tokyo Revengers Chap 263 seems to support this theory.
Tokyo Revengers Chapter 263 shows Mikey’s childhood with his parents and details his friendship with Haruchiyo
Tokyo Revengers Chap 263 seems to be titled Be Strong. As usual, there is no summary provided by the leakers other than what can be gleaned from a few tables without dialogs. Leaky panels can be divided into three parts.
The first part of the scan shows glimpses of Mikey’s childhood with his parents, starting with footage of him as a child. Mikey’s father is first seen in the series, and many fans have pointed out that he bears a resemblance to Takemichi. His mother apparently went to the hospital for some reason, but it’s unclear if it was temporary or something terminal. Mikey’s father seems to be informing him of something that greatly pleases the boy.
The second part of the scan contains a single page and a possibly related panel. It was a repeat of the page where Haruchiyo received his scar, but this time from Mikey or Haruchiyo’s point of view rather than Senju’s. This page depicts Haruchiyo crying while holding his bloodied face and Mikey standing in front of him, like they are in Senju’s memories. However, the main difference here is that Mikey’s hand has no blood.
This page is followed by a panel Mikey beats up a so far unnamed boy.
The third part of Tokyo Revengers Chapter 263 spoiler there are two tables. One of them shows Haruchiyo, now about 12 years old and with bandages on his face, arriving with Baji to inform Mikey and Draken of something, which then shocks the two.
A few key observations can be made from the leaked scans of Tokyo Revengers Chap 263:
1) Shinichiro isn’t present in Mikey’s childhood memories as far as the leaked tablet is concerned.
2) In these memories, Mikey still looks as old as when Emma first came to live with them.
3) The lack of blood on Mikey’s hands suggests that Senju’s memories have been altered by what she thought happened, or that something important happened between the scarred Haruchiyo and the Senju arriving at the scene.
4) In that context, the boy who got beaten up by Mikey was not someone random, so far unrelated to the plot. His presence in the flashback may indicate that he was partly responsible for Haruchiyo’s scars, although that seems like a far-fetched connection.
5) The last memory seems to be from just before Toman was created, which implies that Baji and Mikey are still friends with Haruchiyo and the last one may have become one of the founding members.
6) Haruchiyo is wearing the same uniform as Kazutora, which means they probably go to the same school.
Fans have been debating the circumstances surrounding the origin of Haruchiyo’s scars since Chapter 241 came out. At the heart of these debates is whether Senju’s memory is accurate and whether it is possible that fear controlled her memory of events. Mikey’s bloodless hand in Tokyo Revengers Chap 263 leaked scanned images, as Senju specifically said that her bloody hand when she arrived at the scene, has now added fuel to the fire.
There’s a very long way that Wakui forgot to take blood from Mikey’s hand or a problem with the scan, but it’s unlikely that the mangaka would make such a mistake with what is likely to be the most important revelation of his final installment. that. magnum opus. Hopefully the official scan of Tokyo Revengers Chapter 263 will make this clear.