Banner Blade has officially launched players in Honkai Star Rail, but many gamers are still wondering between this swordsman and Kafka.
After updating to version 1.2 this afternoon on July 19, Honkai Star Rail players were able to experience a wide range of new content. In particular, there are 2 new maps of Xianzhou Luofu, Simulated Universe 7 or Hall of Forgetting: Sailing Bridge. Besides, gamers were also able to own Blade through the Lost Soul Leap.
Appearing right from version 1.1, Blade and Kafka made a strong impression on players with their shape and strength. The two often go together, becoming the beloved Stellaron Hunter couple. The mysterious swordsman or the mommy both have different abilities and powers.
For F2P players who can’t afford to own both of these extremely powerful characters, having to choose between one of the two will probably be extremely difficult. Here, let’s analyze the pros and cons with MGN to point out which will be the best choice for Explorers!
Kafka is a Lightning and Void destiny character with DoT (damage over time) gameplay. Unlike other Void characters like Welt or Silver Wolf that focus on debuffs and weaken the opponent’s support for the team. Instead, Kafka’s playstyle is somewhat similar to Sampo’s guy and the amount of damage that Kafka can deal is quite significant.
Therefore, in addition to being a secondary DPS, Kafka can completely act as a main force in your squad. In particular, the main DPS role will be more complete with her 2nd level Soul, helping to deal more damage with all types of sustained damage, not just Electric Shock as before.
Meanwhile, Blade with the Wind attribute and Destruction destiny is noticed by gamers because of the unique “selling blood” gameplay. First of all, it is easy to see that Blade is a pure DPS character and does not have the buff effects for the team like Kafka. Most of Blade’s damage comes from Normal Attacks in addition to HP being consumed.
This is the same gameplay as Arlan in Star Rail or Hutao in Genshin Impact. The frequent use of Normal Attack but still dealing massive damage makes Blade an extremely valuable character. A DPS that can deal dozens of damage without consuming too much ATK is really only Blade can do at the moment.
Not to mention that the only Wind-type DPS that directly competes with Blade is Dan Heng – a 4-star Hunting character that is being evaluated quite badly. This further increases the value of Blade when you spend resources to bring him back.
However, Blade’s gameplay is quite dangerous when your team’s main DPS will often lose HP. This is quite a difficult game and the Explorer needs to consider this issue.
Blade and Kafka’s Build in Honkai Star Rail
The Relics of Star Rail is also a game of chance no less than the character gacha. And you will need a little luck to be able to own the best Relics for your character.
For Kafka, you should use the Sizzling Thunder Band set to increase her Lightning damage. The required stats will focus on Rate, Critical Damage, Attack and even Effect Accuracy to make Kafka’s Shocks happen more often. In addition, Kafka is not a character too picky about the Hat of Light.
If you don’t own the Hat that comes with Kafka’s character banner, there are many other Void Hats that would suit her. Among them can be mentioned as Before Starting the Beginner Quest, Sight of the Prey… Overall, Kafka is a fairly easy character to build and even, the Explorer can prepare materials to upgrade and equip Kafka very early in the Honkai Star Rail.
Blade is not like that. With his unique “selling blood” gameplay, Blade is quite picky about Light Hats as well as Relics. Even the materials to level up and the skills he requires are in the new version.
In addition to his 5-star Town Light Hat, Blade has only 1 other temporary option, which is Arlan’s 4-star town – a character with the same gameplay as himself. Both of the Relics that increase Wind and HP damage that appeared before Star Rail are not really suitable for Blade.
Players should use the new set of 4 Relics that appear as Longevity Disciple. Thus, instead of being able to prepare in advance like Kafka, materials and equipment to upgrade and improve Blade will make you have to spend a large amount of SMKP to be able to collect.
Pros and Cons
Although both of these Stellaron Hunters are excellent in their respective roles, players still need to be aware of their weaknesses to make the best choice.
– Being an excellent Phong attribute DPS – which is quite limited in Star Rail.
– Has amazingly good self-healing ability.
– Can optimize the use of TK, help other allies use Combat Skills more often.
– Can build squad flexibly.
– The ability to deal single-target damage as well as AOE is very good.
– Failure to prepare resources in advance makes it difficult for Blade to build optimally quickly.
– Not really a promising character in the future, when other Phong DPS is released.
– The gameplay “selling blood” is quite difficult to control, needs accompanying support characters to heal or create shields when in danger.
– DoT DPS mechanism is quite unique and interesting, helping players not get bored
– Can act as both primary and secondary DPS.
– The 4-star character with the banner Luka and Sampo is very suitable for Kafka’s gameplay.
– The ability to deal single-target damage as well as AOE is very good.
– Is a character of lasting value as the later additions of DoT-style characters increase Kafka’s power.
– Requires standard formation (possessed sustained damage) if you want to be a main DPS.
– Needs Thunder attribute DPS like Jing Yuan, Serval to reduce the pressure of Breaking Weakness.
– The skills depend on consistent damage.
– Many players mistakenly think that Kafka has control like in the boss role, but it is not.
From the above comments, we can see that Kafka will seem to be a character suitable for more lineups in Honkai Star Rail, which means that this mommy will be more suitable for Explorers than Blade. However, besides considering personal aspects or preferences, the following details will also help you decide which of these two characters to choose.
A player should roll Kafka if:
– They are looking for a character with good DoT gameplay.
– In the squad, there is a DPS character of the Lightning attribute.
– There is a Sampo built well because these 2 characters combine very well.
– Looking for a character worth using for a long time in this version.
A player should roll Blade if:
– Already own Luocha in the team because these 2 characters can complement each other well.
– Haven’t invested in Dan Heng yet and looking for a really reliable Phong attribute DPS.
– Prefers high-risk play characters that can deal massive amounts of damage based on a certain condition like forcing HP drain.
– Looking for a character that doesn’t rely too much on TK and skills.
>> MORE: Honkai Star Rai: Tips to keep in mind when confronting the boss of the week Phantylia
The above is the analysis that makes it easier for the Explorer to choose to own one of the two characters in this 1.2 version. Don’t forget to follow MGN.vn to update more information about Honkai Star Rail!